Fees at The Launceston Preparatory School are organised as a flat fee structure across all grades. As such the annual school fee for each child is the same regardless of their grade. Please note that this is a different approach to most other independent schools in Launceston.
The Launceston Preparatory School fees include all educational supplies such as Maths textbooks, stationery items, ICT equipment and excursion costs. (The only exceptions are the Outdoor Education camps for students in Grades 4, 5 and 6, where parents’ contributions are added to subsidies from the school). Students need only supply a stocked pencil case and uniform items, including school bag.
The Launceston Preparatory School does not apply any other cost, building or otherwise, to the annual fees.
In 2020 the annual fee for any child attending, in any grade from Prep through to Grade 6, is $7379.00. This fee does not change according to grade.
Fees are paid by 10 equal monthly payments, due by the last day of each month from February to November. Parents are welcome to make additional monthly payments in advance. Kinder fees are calculated through a different method. Please refer to the Fees Schedule for these details.
To gain an idea of just how much is included in our fees in addition to our daily curriculum, consider this list of what our students enjoy at no extra cost to parents:
• Instrument hire for Band (Grades, 4, 5, 6)
• Swimming lessons (Grades P – 6)
• Interschool sports programme and travel costs (Grades 4, 5, 6)
• Theatre productions and incursions
• All excursions (excluding overnight camps)
• Online literacy programme accessible at school and home (P-6)
• Specialist sports coaching clinics
• Use of the local PCYC gym and equipment
• Regular visits by children’s authors, illustrators, performance groups and guest speakers
Phone: 03 6334 0234